Please note that Baptisms will not be held during the Season of Lent between Ash Wednesday and Good Friday or during the Season of Advent in December.
The following guidelines must be followed for baptism registration:
- Parents need to come to the parish office to register their child prior to the date of the preparation session (class). We will only register 10 children per session. You must fill out the registration form and provide required paperwork. Incomplete paperwork does not reserve baptism date.
- Parents must bring the Birth Certificate (Health Dept) of child.
- Parents must bring a Letter of Permission from their parish. If you are not registered at a particular parish, you must bring a letter from the parish that belongs to you by boundaries.
- Must be 18 years of age and if single must have Baptism, First Communion, & Confirmation Sacraments. (Must bring proof)
- If married, must have Baptism, First Communion, & Confirmation Sacraments and must be married through the Catholic Church (Must bring proof of all sacraments)
- The registration fee is $25.
- Parents and godparents are required to attend the preparation sessions.
- If the godparents are from out-of-town they must provide certificate of attendance from their parish.
- Baptism preparation sessions will be scheduled by the parish office.
Q. How old can the child be?
A. Infant to 6 years of age. If the child is older than six years, we require you to register your child in Faith Formation Program for children.
Q. Who can be a Godparent?
A. There needs to be at least one Godparent who is practicing Catholic. One must be male and one female. If one is not Catholic but baptized in another Christian Faith, they may serve as a witness to the baptism along with a Catholic Godparent.
Q. When can I register for the preparation class?
A. Contact our office for availability, we provide preparation classes in Spanish and English. Both parents and Godparents MUST attend the class.
Q. Why am I being charged $25?
A. We do not charge for the sacrament of baptism, the registration fee covers the preparation class and certificates for the baptism ceremony.
Q. How can I become a parishioner at St. Rose of Lima?
A. Please contact the Parish office by calling (210) 675-1920.
Q. How do I get a downloadable copy of the paperwork required to register for Baptism?
Q. Simply click on the link below.