Confirmation is a two year process. Youth from grades 10 through 11 are invited to take part in this process. The Catechism of the Catholic Church (#1309) expresses that the preparation “should aim at leading the Christian toward a more intimate union with Christ and a more lively familiarity with the Holy Spirit.” (#1309)
The program involves the candidate, catechist, family, sponsor, and entire parish community in the young person’s journey of faith.
- Confirmation is a two year process.
- A demonstrated desire to receive the sacrament and
a commitment to living a life of faith in the Church.
- Regular attendance in Confirmation classes
- Attendance is expected at parent-student-sponsor meetings and retreats.
- Retreat dates to be announced
- Participation in Community Service Projects.
- Those students entering Confirmation I who have not received communion may prepare this year.